Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Forbidden (Book 1 of the Books of Mortals)

Photobucket

I was given the wonderful privilege of reading an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) of Forbidden, which will be released in September 2011! Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee have created a world like no other.  In this world, every human being is living what they believe is life--but what they don't know is that they are actually dead.  Rom Sebastian was satisfied with the way his life was going--with the exception of the fear that controlled him every day; but he was pleased with the order of the earth, where no emotion (other than fear) existed to cause chaos in what they believed was as close to earthly perfection as possible.  According to the way the legends described emotions, they were dangerous; but Rom's life is turned upside down when he receives a vial of blood with a message from a crazy old man who claims to know the truth about what happened to Rom's father.  Once Rom drinks one serving of the blood, he begins a journey that he could have never anticipated--a journey of the discovery of happiness and love...but will greed, anger, and hate stand in his way when they also erupt from the same blood? 

Is the chaos that erupts worth the love that is discovered? What does being human truly mean? Is it better to follow an old order or the new?

After reading Forbidden, there are 2 things I am sure of: 1)The Sovereign is my Master--not the sovereign that the world has to offer, but the Sovereign of the world; and 2) I am mortal; and I await the One who will one day return as "a warrior dressed in a robe of red. White, dipped in blood. His own."

Members of the Circle: Soon you will find yourselves to be mortals. Your task now is to be alive...be keepers of the hope that we carry. Forbidden is exceptional! As members of the Circle, you will be consumed by the world that Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee have created! Like Other Earth, it is a world that is difficult to even dream of and you will find yourself wanting to know more with every word. But unlike Other Earth, it is a world where love is forbidden. Discover yourself. Discover your mission. Discover love. Dive deep.

2 comments:

  1. Your review definitely makes me want to go pre-order it now! Especially since I'm a huge Circle fan, this sounds like another great series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! I'm glad you liked the review. I felt like it was a weaker review because it was the first time I reviewed an ARC and I didn't really know how to go about that. I loved the book though and it's driving me crazy that I have to wait until NEXT September to get the second installment, Mortal!

    ReplyDelete