Thursday, April 21, 2011

What is your prison?

Photobucket

Escapism has reached its full potential! From the first word, I entered into another world and often forgot that I was just reading a book! Dekker has a skill at character formation that other authors must envy. It is not uncommon for a reader to be relate to his characters; however, Priest's Graveyard was exceptional! Rather than relating to them, I felt as if I BECAME the character (hence why I often forgot I was reading). This book was impossible to put down! It made me cry on one page and then on the very next page I was laughing!  As someone who has read the majority of Ted Dekker's books, I am used to a variety of emotions in 1 book, but Priest's Graveyard blew me away!  For the first time, I couldn't dislike the killer!  I think all of us can relate to Danny Hansen.  Before the release, Dekker asked fans if they would kill someone if it would stop a rape; the question threw me off guard until now.  I was forced to search myself once again (as I do with all of Dekker's books) since every time Danny killed, in my mind I was understanding and supportive.  The references to law were enough to bring me to tears as I was reminded of how we were trapped by the law until we were rescued by Christ!  Priest's Graveyard lived up to all of my expectations and then some!  I will be recommending this book for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment