Friday, April 15, 2011

About Me

Hi, I'm Sarah.  I live in many different worlds.  One is the world we know today; and the others are worlds that far too many people have never been introduced to.  I believe in the power of story--pure escapism.  Story transforms our minds and peels back the layers of this earth in order to reveal something we have yet to imagine.  Story changed my life the moment I stepped into the world of Ted Dekker.  I stepped into Other Earth and found myself captivated.  Ever since, I've returned to my childhood hobby of reading.  There is nothing I love more than curling up in another world with a book and coffee or tea.  Since I'm always reading, I've turned to writing as well, and I've discovered a passion and an understanding of myself that it took 22 years to find.  I love to create another form of reality; I love to give life to a character and give them a story and a purpose.  My stories are a part of me; but being a student in Grad School has forced me to only read and write a fraction of what I would like (even though a fraction of reading is still about 20 books a year).  I want to share my passion.  My purposes for this website are 1.) To review stories.  The books I review will have a few things in common.  Each book will be pure escapism--pure story; the majority of them will somehow portray a theme of good verses evil; and finally, the vast majority will reveal truth--in many cases, the truth of Christ.  2) I want to share my writing experiences and reveal truth through my own writing.  Our purpose in life is to spread the Gospel--the spread of truth through story is one of my ways of doing this.  I hope you will enjoy my reviews, articles, and stories; and even more, I hope you will discover a world that leads to a better understanding of truth, love, faith and hope.

For Elyon,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment