Hey everyone!
I'm currently 11,000 words into my current novel, "The Sparrow's Cry". I'm taking advantage of NaNoWriMo and taking the incentive to write...a lot! I've written 11,000 words in less than 4 days! It's a blast and I wouldn't trade it for anything right now! Be on the look out for more reviews in a few weeks since I'm dedicating a good portion of my time to my writing. I have several books that I've committed to review in the next couple months!
For those of you who are interested, here's a brief (and very rough) summary of "The Sparrow's Cry"! I'm not very good at summaries because I have to try so hard not to give anything away so please forgive me for my lack of a great and catchy summary! I'll keep you updated as the novel progresses!
3 years ago, Joleigh woke up in the middle of an abandoned road after having been held hostage with her sister by a cult for 7 years. She was troubled by the broken memories and the fact that she knew they still had her sister; and she swore to find them and her sister; but she had so many holes in her memory because of a very heinous and gruesome 7 years, that she didn't know where to start.
3 years later, Joleigh wakes up to her house on fire and barely escapes with her mother. She wakes up in the hospital to find out that her Mom is in a coma and they don't expect her to come out of it. Broken-hearted after losing the only person she had left, Joleigh is determined to find and kill the men who have her sister (who she also believes to have started the fire). During her mission, Joleigh meets an older Christian woman, who also has a painful past, and the younger man who works for her and finds that maybe she can begin to trust again. She and the man are attracted to each other and he pursues her but she struggles to open up; but will the traumas of her past come back to destroy everything just when she begins to open up? Will Joleigh ever be the same after killing even the most evil of people? In the meantime, Joleigh's horrible nightmares change to dreams of a supernatural battle. Are her dreams pointing her in the right direction? Will they be enough to reveal her sister? Or will they just bring back everything that her mind was determined to hide?
No comments:
Post a Comment